| Green Travel News |
How does this sound? A week in Costa Rica at leading eco-luxe lodging, organic meals, plus domestic air transport on the “world’s first certified carbon-neutral airline”? Did we mention it’s for four people?
This “Dream Green Vacation” is the grand prize (valued at US$10,000) for an online contest being sponsored by Coati Travel, a travel agency that offers custom travel itineraries in Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Panama.
The lucky winner and three companions will experience the pristine rainforests and idyllic beaches of Costa Rica at a boutique hotel in the hills of San José and two luxury sustainable hotels managed by the Cayuga Collection, which specializes in “ecological, conservationist or sustainable” lodges and hotels. Regional flights will be provided on Nature Air.
Contestants enter online by sharing how they can make an environmentally positive impact while traveling in Costa Rica. Entries will be posted to the Coati Travel Facebook page; then the twenty entries with the most “likes” will be judged by a panel of travel experts to select the winner. Entries can be submitted June 1st through August 31st, 2013, and the winner will be announced on October 1st, 2013.
The grand prize includes:
- A night at the luxurious Alta Hotel in the green coffee hills overlooking Costa Rica’s capital city of San José, with dinner at Alta’s La Luz restaurant, featuring dishes made from local, organic ingredients
- Three nights at Cayuga’s Lapa Ríos Eco-Lodge on the Osa Peninsula, one of the most bio-diverse locations on the globe, including meals and nature tours
- Three nights at Cayuga’s Harmony Hotel on Playa Guiones in Nosara, recognized as one of the world’s best beach vacation destinations, with a welcome dinner showcasing fresh ingredients from local farms and fishermen who share the property’s sustainable values
- Domestic air transportation
- Ground transportation and adventure tours
Good luck, green travelers!